Hello Friends! The new week has rolled around and it’s Thanksgiving week! Thanksgiving will look different for most of us this year, as will Christmas. This whole year has been different, and I, unfortunately, don’t see that changing in the near future. Covid is ramping back up, and I urge you all to use your masks and stay safe! I have done all of my Christmas shopping online and just don’t care to get out in the stores. But then, as I’ve gotten older, fighting crowds is just not my thing! I guess I’m becoming a hermit in my old age! LOL Covid hasn’t helped that either!
Let’s see how the goals for last week went!
- Make at least one new card using techniques I learned in Zoom class today! I ordered some pretty crinkle organza to play with for one of the techniques!! ✓ – DONE
I did make one card! The organza arrived Thursday and it’s gorgeous!! Unfortunately, I totally messed up the first card I tried and couldn’t salvage it, so had to use my last bit of sticky tear away on the one I did get done with the border. I ordered some more and hopefully it will arrive quickly!
- Work on project for Virtual Cookie Exchange ✓ – DONE You’ll have to check back on 12/3 to see that project!!
- Cut out Sunshine Cove appliques for block 5 ✓ – DONE Here are a few of the tiny little pieces!! So thankful for my Scan-n-Cut DX!! This notebook with protector pages work great to hold each fabric.
- Prepare background fabric for block 5 and begin border embroidery (maybe!!) ✘ -that didn’t happen!
- Start the star wars pillow for Braden for Christmas ✘ -neither did that! I actually have to make a trip to my LQS to get fabric for all three of their pillows – oh darn!! LOL
- Chase squirrels?? I have an OESD zoom class tomorrow also! We shall see what kind of squirrels that conjures up!! Well, a few ran through my head, but I managed to ignore them this time!!
One thing I forgot to mention last week! My friend Joan from Moosestash Quilting sent me some happy mail. Just look at this cool bag. The coffee sentiments fit me perfectly!! Thank you, Joan!! I absolutely LOVE it!!
There won’t be a lot of studio time until after Thanksgiving…and then there’s the big rival game on Saturday, Alabama vs. Auburn. We are a house divided, though we will pull for the team that has the best chance of making it to the playoffs. That is my beloved Crimson Tide, since we are #1 right now. It’s easier for him to pull for Bama than it is for me to pull for Auburn, so I’m really glad that’s a no-brainer!! LOL So, for the week coming up here is what I’ll be doing!
- Make another card if my stabilizer arrives in time
- Get some fabric??
- Prepare fabric for Block 5 of Sunshine Cove
- Clean, cook, and enjoy time with the family
What are your Thanksgiving plans? Since we see our grandkids and at least one parent just about every day, they will be coming here for lunch Thanksgiving day. They usually go to his family’s for Thanksgiving and we have them Christmas. So though it’s a good change, it will be a change for us! We have just about everything we need for lunch, I think!! On the menu will be his famous fried turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, green beans, good ole’ southern cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, rolls, and acorn squash. I’ve never made or even tasted acorn squash, but my friend Carole, who blogs at From My Carolina Home posted a very easy and delicious sounding recipe. Though I’ll probably bake it and mash it with the cheeses kind of like mashed potatoes. It’ll be something different. Who knows, even the kiddos might like it!! Oh, and another request from our daughter was Gary’s mom’s wonderful fudgy chocolate pies. (Recipe below!) He is a very good baker and this recipe always turns out great. We just call him the baker and the meat maker! LOL
If, like me, you’re staying home on Black Friday, there are some terrific sales going on now!! Check out the specials at AccuQuilt and Fat Quarter Shop, as well as Sulky, who has a 35% off coupon this week – or any of the affiliates in the links on the right side of the blog! I appreciate your support! Also, now through Monday, all designs and patterns on my site are 40% off. I hope you will take advantage of this special sale if you see something you like! Patterns are in the link at the top of the page by the same name! Embroidery designs are in the Shop tab.
I hope you are having some sort of Thanksgiving celebration, even if by Zoom, or phone calls. Family time is so important and I’m hoping next year brings better times. Our family has so much for which to be thankful. We are truly blessed.