Hi everyone! For all of you in the USA, I hope you had a safe and fun 4th of July! Ours was quiet as the hubs had to work so we celebrated dinner Monday night with the kids. Here’s a quick update on what’s happening at SBD this week! It’s been a pretty productive week for me, thankfully…and a lot of fun!!
From last week’s list:
- Order fabric for Melva’s Santa Fe Trail quilt along – √ DONE! I decided on 30’s reproduction fabric because I really love 30’s fabric!! It was shipped yesterday, so hope to have it soon so I can begin to catch up on some of the blocks.
- Order fabric for center block of Sunshine Cove – √ DONE! To get the colors I needed I had to order from three different places! It’s all here except one order, but it should arrive this week and be ready to go when I’m ready to begin that big ole’ center block!! I even ordered some pretty fabric for the sashings of the quilt. Now I just need to get busy on the other blocks!!
- Begin working on It’s a Guy Thing project – √ DONE! It’s almost finished! I just need to stitch down some applique pieces and quilt it! My grandloves spent Friday night and most of Saturday with us and my granddaughter helped cut out the applique pieces using the Crafter’s Edge machine and dies. She really likes helping AND she made her a block as well for another pillow sham that we will finish next time she comes! She used a leaf from the Posey Flower Set 1 and Scalloped Circles for the flower. Here are pics of her block and the appliques I will be using in my project.
- Quilt one of those items on my task list – √ DONE! I actually got two items quilted. I just need to bind them and then I’ll show you pics!
And moving on to the menu for this week!
- Stitch down those appliques you see above
- Bind two little quilts
- Go ahead and work on block 7 of Sunshine Cove – REALLY!! I keep pushing this back, but I have 7 more blocks to make to finish this by the end of the year!!
I’ll be linking up with Chris at ChrisKnits for To-Do Tuesday today. I hope you all have a wonderful and productive week!!
See you soon!
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!