Mondays are the start of the workweek which offer new beginnings 52 times a year!– David Dweck
Wow! Mondays roll around so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I wrote the last Monday Musings post on 12/18/23!! I hope you all had wonderful holidays, good food, and time with friends and family. Let’s carry the spirit of the holidays with us as we travel through 2024.
I have had a good time off – busy, but good! A lot of cooking, some quilting, and having fun with family and friends. Our twin grandsons turned 12 on the 30th of December and that just blows my mind! It seems just yesterday I was babysitting and trying to get them both fed at the same time. Thank goodness for boppies! LOL Saturday we celebrated them at the restaurant of their choice since the parents took them off camping right after Christmas.
I was checking back on my goals from the last post, for the weeks of 12/18 – 1/7/24:
- Post for December IB project. Done! You can read about it here.
- Write a post releasing my latest quilt pattern which was in the F/W 23 IB catalog. Done! Dashing Thru the Snow – you can read about it here.
- Catch up on some blogging activities in which I am behind, like my PHD update. Done! I also did my 2023 review.
- Begin secret sewing for S/S Island Batik Catalog. Done! Look at these luscious trimmings!!!
- Begin sewing for SAHRR 2024 hosted by Gail. Done! I am participating with Gail, Wendy, Emily, Kathleen, and Anja, to provide you prompts this year! We hope you will join us for the fun AND prizes. Some of us had a great day of zoom sewing! Stay tuned on the 15th for the first post! Be getting your center block ready!
- Work on a baby and lap size quilt for our pastor’s wife using her dad’s shirts. Nope – still in the planning stages.
- Cook, clean and enjoy the holidays, and whatever else suits my fancy!! Done!
Here are my plans for the next week – 1/8 – 1/14/24:
- Continue working on secret sewing for the IB catalog quilt. I hope to be ready to put it on the frame on Wednesday. That’s my plan anyway!!
- Guild meeting the 8th.
- Once the catalog quilt is completed, I’ll begin sorting and cutting shirts for the baby quilt.
- Whatever else suits my fancy!!
Instead of a recap this week, I’m adding the 20!!! linkups for the 18th below.
I am so excited to check out what you’ve been stitching over the past few weeks. It’s your turn!! Come on, let’s see what you’ve been working on!
Thanks for your visit and joining in the fun today. I’ll be joining in my favorite linky parties as they come open -> those over in the side bar!! Until next time…
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!