Hello friends! I hope you all had a good last week and got some stitching done! I have to say I had a good week despite not getting to see the grandloves swim last Tuesday. Just as we got there it thundered. Of course, they pulled them out of the pool. We sat under the awning for a while waiting for the cloud to pass and then they called us inside. We never heard anymore thunder, but they went ahead and cancelled the meet. They are trying for a rematch tomorrow or Thursday, but it’s going to be 90% chance of storms tomorrow and 70% on Thursday! So that may not happen. However, they have All County meet this weekend at the SportsPlex and we will try to make it on Saturday, weather permitting! It’s an inside meet, but no one is allowed in the water with thunder and lightening going on, which is OK with me!
On to the items on the list last week:
- Continue work on Block 7 – √ done – The border is complete and the quilting is done! Here is a quick slideshow. Please excuse the stray threads – I thought I got them all!
- Something else, if I finish Block 7 – or just need a short break! – Nope! – This kept me busy all week!!
I love these, but they are VERY time consuming! I usually try to stitch one border a day. I could do more, but usually after 2-3 hours my shoulders and neck start hurting and that’s enough! I try to gain a little, but no pain! LOL
For the week of 7/19/21:
- Embroider the beautiful cottage scene for the center block and get it stitched on
- Finish up my project for Carol’s It’s a Guy Thing Blog Hop next week
- If time permits I will either quilt a small quilt or start some secret sewing for Fat Quarter Shop coming up in a couple of months. Nothing like getting a head start!!
- Maybe (start block 8!!)
Well there are some lofty aspirations for you! I just downloaded a trial version of the new Bernina Version 9 software and really want to play with it some too, so I may chase that squirrel! We’ll see how much I actually get done.
I’ll be linking up with Chris for To-Do Tuesday! I hope you all have a wonderfully productive week and I hope I do too! LOL
See you soon!
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!