Can you believe it? I don’t know about you, but it seems time is really, really flying. What a week it has been. In addition to time flying by, our world seems to be getting crazier and crazier. Last Tuesday, we experienced the highest voter turnout that I’ve ever seen in my life and we still don’t know who won the election. Maybe we’ll know before too long and hopefully our lives can all return to the now normal, though I REALLY long for the pre-Covid normal again! Our governor has loosened restrictions on business for the holiday season but has extended the mask order for at least another month, which, as a retired nurse, I really don’t have a problem with. So enough about all of that. Let’s move on to our new, new normal! LOL
This has not been a week to get a lot done, but I did accomplish a little bit! So here’s the 4-1-1 regarding last week’s goals!!
- Finish Autumn Jubilee 2020 wall hanging – ✘ – did not even get started
- Cut out appliques for block five of Sunshine Cove and start stitching the border – ✘ – not cut, but I did download the files!! Does that count for anything?
- Make another snowman card – ✓ done yeah!! I love making these cards. Our challenge in the class last Monday was to add wording to the card and manipulate it. This was fun!! Love these snowmen too! This set is from OESD.com (no affiliation) and is called Snow People II. I’m looking forward to next Monday’s Card Making 201 Class! Donna is a great teacher!
- Finish an embroidery digitizing project for a friend – ✓ done I hope she likes it!!
- Add a few more letters of the Christmas Alpha to my groupsIO page – ✓ done. Letter A-L are up on the group page. If you like embroidery, please join us and get this free set. I hope to get the rest digitized and up soon. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the link
I actually attended a three day online digitizing event that was hosted by Teri Hall and Amanda Whitlatch over the weekend. It was really interesting. Learned about using snow blanket material behind your embroidery to help decrease/eliminate puckering, amongst other things. And since we were going to buy a new TV Saturday, I just had to make a Hobby Lobby run and pick up a few rolls of that stuff! I’ll let you know how it works out. Teri swears by it, and did show us samples of the same design using and not using it and there was a very noticeable difference. Also picked up some more card stock while I was there as it was on sale for 25 cents a sheet!
Our TV is about 15 years old and the picture has gotten really bad, so as Thursday was my DH’s birthday, and our anniversary is tomorrow, we got a new 70 inch smart TV (smarter-than-me probably!!) They are delivering it on Wednesday. Now we can watch the rest of college football season on the big screen!! Roll Tide!! Plus I can watch YouTube videos on it!!
I hope to get a little more accomplished this week. I do have a zoom class tomorrow for our guild with Susan K. Cleveland. She was our guest speaker for our program today and she is a hoot! So for this week…
- Three zoom classes this week!!
- Make at least one more card (did I mention I’m hooked on these??)
- Prepare fabric for cutting block 5 of Sunshine Cove, maybe even get appliques cut!
With a follow up on my eye freckle Tuesday (! who knew you could have freckles on the back of your eyeball??), a teeth cleaning appointment Thursday, and three zoom classes, I hope to get something done!! Only time will tell! I’ll be linking up with To-Do Tuesday at Home Sewn by Us tomorrow.
It will be a fun week! Until next time…
Until next time … Stay Safe and Be Blessed!
DISCLAIMER: I use affiliate links. By clicking through these links, at no additional cost to you, I receive a small commission which helps support my website/blog. I truly appreciate your support!
All tutorials, images, and information on this website are the property of Brenda @ Songbird Designs. Feel free to re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to Songbird Designs. For all other purposes, please contact me via the website contact form. Thanks!