Let’s start with the weekly update. My goals from last week were to:
- Start off the Get on Board with Sewing Blog Hop for National Sewing Month hosted by Melva of Melva Loves Scraps and myself. Be sure to come back on Thursday to see my project! ✔DONE! I made this insulated grocery tote! You can read more on my 9/1 post!
- Get my project for the Island Batik September Blog Hop quilted and bound. ✔DONE! Come back Thursday to see it!
- Do some cleaning on my studio before starting my next project! Really, it’s a wreck right now! LOL ✔DONE! A little was done but more needs doing, so I will carry that over!
- Whatever suits my fancy!! Let’s see what happens! ✔DONE! I finished binding Geese on the Trail, which was also on my PHD List. YAY!!
For the week of 9/5 – 9/12/22:
- Tool Talk Blog Hop post on Thursday!
- Work on my Round Trip Duffle for our Island Batik October challenge. I love ByAnnie patterns! This is going to be a fun project!! Here is my bag of goodies!
- Get back to work on Madelyn’s quilt. It’s way past due!!
- Whatever suits my fancy!! There has been a squirrel or two spinning in my brain lately!
I did make a bit of progress this month!
I got all the binding sewn on Geese on the Trail!! So happy to check this off my list! Sitting in car line can be productive!!
One Monthly Goal
One of my goals was to finish the Island Batik Marvelous Mini Challenge, which was done. But the other goal was to quilt the color challenge quilt, but that did not get completed!
For September my goal will be to get the September Tool Talk Blog Hop bound and posted. I would like to get 20 blocks of Madelyn’s quilt finished. I’m starting with the Tangled Star blocks. I love this block and AccuQuilt made cutting all these pieces so easy!
I hope you will join us for the rest of the Get On Board With Sewing Blog Hop, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, as well as the Island Batik Tool Talk Blog Hop that begins 9/6! I’ll send the schedule in a separate post!
That’s all for today! I think it will be another fun and busy month!! I’ll be linking up with Linda at The Texas Quilt Gal for To-Do Tuesday, Joy of Days Filled with Joy for This and That Monday, Gail of Quilting Gail for my PHD Update and Patty at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal for my One Monthly Goal, and I hope you all have wonderful quilty week and month!! Until next time, keep on stitchin’ and grinnin’!!
See you soon!
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!