Wow, what a difference a week makes!! Last Tuesday we had about a half inch of snow and temps in the 20s, and today it is beautiful and sunny and our temp right now is 64°!! I’ll take this to cold anytime! I don’t tolerate cold very well anymore, so this makes my bones and joints very happy!
My plans for this past week included:
- Complete the sashing and begin stitching the rows together – ✓ done!! Rows are together and flimsy just lacks top and bottom borders!!
- Order backing for project…hopefully it will arrive in time to start quilting – ✓ done!! The backing arrived and all I need to do is fluff it, press it, and get it on the frame!
- If time allows, work on RSC2021 block and Table Scraps Challenge project – ✗ – I began the RSC block but chased a squirrel with my granddaughter and taught her how to use my new machine and how to make a crazy quilt block, which we made into a pillow sham! You can see that in my previous post, along with the birthday card I made for her!
- Complete 2021 Monthly Color Challenge block and post – ✓ done!! – see previous post for details.
Despite the squirrels, it was a pretty good week! For the week of 2/22 – 2/28-21, this is what has to be accomplished!!
- Finish borders on secret sewing –
- Get flimsy quilted and bound –
- Finish RSC2021 Color Challenge Block –
- Finish Table Scraps Challenge –
That’s my list and I’ll try to stick to it!! What’s on your list for this week? If you are looking for some great deals for fabric and notions, check out Fat Quarter Shop. Bella Solids by Moda are 20% off this month and each week they have a selection of precuts on sale, not to mention notions and books!