Thanks for stopping by the blog today! A couple of months ago, Fat Quarter Shop sent out a request to join a quilt along. It was for a block called Grandmother’s Favorite! Well, you had me on Grandmother, because my sweet Granny is the one who instilled the love of sewing and quilting in me at a young age! First let’s talk about the block, then we will talk about Tuesday’s To Do List!
Fat Quarter Shop sent a pattern for the block and said we could use any fabric we wished. I checked their website and found some fabrics that were perfect! The center of this block is fussy cut from the fabric, Flower Sugar Pink Bouquets and Doilies, the background fabric is Kona Cotton Snow, and the rest of the block is Flower Sugar Green Tiny Doily Bloom. I loved this doily and roses in the fabric because it reminded me of my grandmother! In addition to quilting, she used to crochet the most beautiful doilies! I am fortunate to have a few of those! One day, I will work them into a quilt!
They also sent some Triangles on a Roll to try out with this block. I’ve never used these, so I jumped at the opportunity to try something new!! These were very easy to use and I highly recommend them if you have a lot of HSTs to make! They come in a range of finished HST sizes. So, without further ado, here is my block!
Their blog post goes live at 9 AM today. You can find their post here after that time. Unless they got in some more fabric, this is all gone, but I do know they have some fabric kits in just for this pattern. So please check them out!
Now to check out how I did on my goals for last week!
- Trim and bind Thing #1’s Christmas quilt (as she hangs her head in shame!!) DONE
2. Make labels for both Thing 1 and Thing 2’s quilts, apply them, wash them, and have them ready for kids when I get to see them again (can I just say GiGi is having kiddo withdrawals?!!) STILL WORKING ON THESE
3. Press and square up panels for our guild’s panel challenge, due in June. I’ve read the instructions for the pattern through twice, so I think I’m ready to go! DONE (Can’t show a pic here!)
So I’ll be moving #2 over to this week’s TO-DO List! Thankfully, I am feeling some better, just still do not have much energy going on here! But, this too will pass! And things will get back to normal. Today, it is sunny and will be in the 70s. I am going to go outside and spend some time in the sun and soak up some good vitamin D! And enjoy the pollinated outdoors! LOL Tomorrow we have severe storms again.
- Make labels for Thing 1 and Thing 2’1 quilts, apply them, wash them and take them to my boys!!
- Cut apart the Hoffman panels, put them back together, and lay out challenge quilt.
- Purchase some additional fabric for challenge quilt. My LQS is taking orders and delivering curbside! Yeah!
- Begin test block for Sarah Vedeler’s Peace Village quilt.
That will keep me busy for the week I’m sure! I’ll be linking up with HomeSewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday! What are you working on during our SEW-cial isolation? Until next week…
Disclaimer: I use affiliate links. By clicking through these links, at no additional charge to you, I receive a small commission which helps support my website/blog. I truly appreciate your support!
All tutorials, images and information on this website are the property of Brenda @ Songbird Designs. Feel free to re-blog, pin or share with attribution to Songbird Designs. For all other purposes, please contact me via the contact form. Thanks!