As the old saying boes, I’m a day late and a dollar short – but at least I’m here and glad to be so!! Since I was out of commission for about half of last month, let’s just start with the last items on my to-do list from a couple of weeks ago!
Moving on to this week, 6/28/22 – 7/4/22 (which turned into an extra week!!):
- Yardage requirements and first block of Sit-n-Sew BOM. ✔ – Done and everyone in the group has completed their first block!! Here’s mine! I will be sharing instructions for this soon if you want to play along! I’m making mine scrappy, but the pattern will have three primary colors, a light, medium, and a dark.
- Begin work on July Island Batik Challenge using the AccuQuilt Tree of Life die! ✔ – Done It will be gifted on Sunday!!
- Work on layout and stitching together a UFO from last year! ✔ – Done
- If there’s time – whatever suits my fancy!! ✘ – Well that didn’t happen!! Sickness and a quick vacation prior to school and carline starting back prevented this, but that’s OK!! We got to visit with family we haven’t seen in four years and had a great time!
For the week of 8/1/22 – 8/8/22:
- Work on Island Batik August Mini Challenge.
- Write instructions for Blocks 2 and 3 of Sit n Sew Sampler.
- Start working on National Sewing Month Blog Hop project. (see details below).
- IF time permits – whatever suits my fancy!!
Not a lot of progress this month but at least one start finished and one task list check-off!
One Monthly Goal
I completed both of my July OMGs, but was too late to link up the finishes. Here they are:
My OMG for August will be to complete my Island Batik Mini Challenge and quilt the Color Challenge Quilt above. I’ll be using these fabrics for my Mini.
National Sewing Month Blog Hop
September is National Sewing Month. Melva of Melva Loves Scraps and I are hosting a blog hop to commemorate our love of sewing! We would love for you to join us for this hop. Here are the details:
Blog hop days: September 1-7
Post on your assigned day at 12:00 am Eastern time.
Have a giveaway or don’t have a giveaway. It’s totally optional!
Visit everyone’s blog on the list and leave a sweet and encouraging comment. Make friends!!!!
And anyone can follow along.
Ready to participate?
We hope you will join us. Just send an email to Melva at MelvaLovesScraps@NolanQualityCustoms.com with the following information:
Your first name
Your email address
Your blog name
Your blog URL
Not only is there a blog hop, but there will also be a 30-day Instagram photo challenge. This will be a simple daily posting or sharing of various sewing notions related to that day’s number. For example… Day one could be one thimble, or one pair of scissors, or one seam ripper… Day 2 could be two pins/needles, or two pairs of scissors… Day 13 could be 13 spools of thread.
Hashtags: #NationalSewingMonth2022 #NationalSewingMonth2022Day1 (change the day’s date each day, ie. #NationalSewingMonth2022Day2, etc.) We will be offering some prizes, as well! If you would like to participate or even offer a prize, be sure to contact Melva at the email address above!
That’s all for today! I think it will be another fun and busy month!! I’ll be linking up with Linda at The Texas Quilt Gal for To-Do Tuesday, Gail of Quilting Gail for my PHD Update and Patty at Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal for my One Monthly Goal!. I hope you all have wonderful quilty week and month!! Until next time, keep on stitchin’ and grinnin’!!
See you soon!
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!