Welcome to the middle of May – WOW!! School will be out soon, summer is basically here in Alabama with temps in the 80s and 90s – and wearable weather, some call humidity! LOL At any rate, it’s already HOT!! Thank God for air conditioning! How was your week? It was not a great week for me as I was feeling less than human for about three days, but thankfully, as quickly as it came, it also left!! So here goes.
For the week of 5/8 – 5/14:
- Finish cutting IB Catalog Quilt. ✔ DONE! Here is a sneak peek! I LOVE this fabric line!! Deer, snowflakes, swirls, holly…many of my favorite things about winter!
And here is a cute little monster made from some of the trimmings above. I call him Yummy the Happy Scrappy Mummy! LOL Credit goes to Yvonne from Quilting Jet Girl for this idea.
- Make another house or maybe two? ✘ Nope. I did not!
- Cut out Block 4 of Amish with a Twist. ✘ Nope. I did not!
- Test block for my pattern for F/W IB Catalog Quilt. ✔ DONE! This is one of the blocks in the quilt…but will be using some of those fabrics above!
- Don’t chase squirrels!! I have enough to keep me busy!! Well, that DID happen!! This was my DrEAMi for this month! I began this before I fell ill and finished it on Saturday. I really needed a cover for Baby Nina that I use for our Sew Days. I had this front panel (house and flowers) that I made for a test when I began Sunshine Cove that has been sitting for at least two years, so I thought I’d use it. The back is embroidered. This design is from Emb Library. If you like chickens they have some cute ones! (No affiliation) I embroidered on some chalkboard fabric I’ve had lying around a long time too. Good to use up a few things!
So that was fun! Before we move on to next week’s goals I wanted to share my Island Batik Blog Hop project posted on Thursday. You can check out all the details here.
For the week of 5/15 – 5/21/23:
- Work on June Island Batik project.
- Begin secret sewing for catalog quilt.
- Make a house or two hopefully. I’m WAY behind!
- Whatever else suits my fancy!!
Here is a recap of our quilty friends’ shares from last week. As always if you want to learn more, check last week’s post for the links!
Now it’s your turn to share!
Be sure to join us for the final week of the Island Batik Tool Craze Blog Hop! I shared the schedule for the coming week in my previous post. The giveaway ends on the 19th, so hurry over to the Island Batik Blog and enter!! Island Batik is generously giving away two fat quarter bundles of some pretty awesome fabric so check out that post and join in the fun!!
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by. I will be linking up with my favorite linky parties found in the side bar! ⇒ Until next time…
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!