“If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.”-Olin Miller-
OK…time for a confession! This quote was definitely me last week!! Paper piecing!! It really isn’t hard, a bit confusing at first, but not hard! When I finally got started after watching videos, reading directions, rewatching videos, it’s finally going pretty well!! And in all of the “getting started” I apologize about getting this Monday Musings post up a wee bit later than my usual midnight…but it’s still Monday!
Now, on to the stitchy stuff!
For the week of 8/7 – 8/13:
- I have but one goal this week and that is to get started on this huge project for the September IB Blog Hop. ✔ Yes, yes, yes!! See above ⇑ I have one of six paper pieced star sections completed – YAY! Did I spend some quality time with Jackie the Ripper?? Why yes, I did…but not too much time! I do have ALL the strips to make the stars cut out, as well as all the background pieces. I had templates for the background pieces and there were a lot of them to cut, so that took several hours on two days.
- Well, if I can find the right fabric, I might bind Cabin Star. We’ll see. ✘ Nope – didn’t even cross my mind! LOL
For the week of 8/14 – 8/20:
- Just more of the same – continue piecing those stars!
- If star sections are completed, I will begin assembling the star blocks.
Here is a recap of our quilty friends’ shares from last week. There were some gorgeous projects linked up! As always if you want to learn more, check last week’s post for the links!
Now it’s time to link up your progress from last week!
Before I go…have you heard about Quilt Finishing Fest by Creative Spark? It will be LIVE September 7th at 9 am PST/12 pm EST. But even if you can’t attend live, it will be recorded so you can watch it anytime!
|Get ready to elevate your quilting game and learn new quilt-finishing techniques! Whether you’re a newbie craving new skills, a techie eager to explore cool quilting technologies, or an artist seeking inspiration for your next masterpiece – this Quilt Finishing Fest has it all! Join us in our virtual event led by expert instructors on Creative Spark, an online learning platform created by C&T Publishing. Get ready for expert quilt-finishing tips, exciting giveaways, and inspiration to finish your quilts!|
- Get 6 1/2 hours of accessible quilt-finishing content that never expires. Can’t attend the live portion? By reserving a spot, you will get access to all of the recorded workshop content!
- Choose your own quilt adventure: pick three instructors you want to see LIVE. All the sessions are recorded, so you can go back and watch any of the other workshops.
- Virtual Swag Bag: everyone who attends will get a free goodie bag with quilt patterns, coupons, and more!
- Prize Giveaways: by attending the LIVE event, you’ll be entered into a raffle prize drawing for a chance to win exclusive quilt patterns, magazines, kits, and more!
- Meet fellow quilters from all over the world!
Join us for a quilting adventure like no other, and let’s sew, learn, and create together. While there is lifetime access available to the recorded sessions, enrollment is available for a limited time. So even if you can’t make the LIVE event, you’ll want to make sure you sign up TODAY. You won’t be able to buy access to the recordings after the event! Please use my link to sign up. today if you might be interested in this event!
Thanks for joining me today! Go have a wonderful Monday and a fantastic quilty week! I will be linking up with my favorite linky parties found in the side bar! ⇒ Until next time…
DISCLAIMER: Some posts contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase items, I may receive a commission. I sometimes receive products from companies to create projects and may get compensated for it. Thank you for supporting my blog!
All tutorials, images and information are the property of Songbird Designs and are intended for personal use only. You may re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to SBD. Thank you!