August is over! I can’t believe it! It seems just yesterday I wrote the end of July update! But here it is and time to get moving as 12/31/21 will be here before we know it!
This month, I have actually had a couple of finishes to check off my lists. That’s such a nice feeling! Let’s take a look at my goals for August and see how I did!
- First things first!! As you read this, I’ll either be in, or on my way, to Nashville for a few days! First stop will be Jack in the Box for a lunch of the best fried tacos EVER!! When I lived in MI, my brother and sister and friends and I would cruise to the Jack in the Box and I’ve been hooked ever since! Wow, that was nearly 50 years ago, but I have to stop every time I find one! It’s a good thing there are none in Alabama! LOL Then I’ll check out some quilt stores around and our intention is just to chill and enjoy a break. So, you probably won’t hear from me next week! √ YES – had a great time in Nashville!
- Quilt and bind Happy Fall Y’all Mini Quilt √ – DONE
- Finish the Purple Flower Pillow √ – DONE
- August Color Challenge Block √ – DONE
- August Rainbow Scrap Challenge Block ✗ did not complete this and will probably take a break to focus on my larger projects.
- August Table Scraps Challenge √ – DONE It was nice to be able to combine this with the next bullet!
- Crafter’s Edge Project √ – DONE
- Start Block 8 Sunshine Cove, if time allows ✗ but September is coming!!
It doesn’t look like a lot, but with school starting back and car line, I’m very happy to get these completed and checked off my list!! Here are my spread sheets! Gail said we were free to switch out tasks if needed and I had forgotten about Madelyn’s Christmas quilt until just recently! We had a panel and fabric and she changed her mind. She now wants a quilt that will fit a queen size bed which she will be getting that was her mom’s! Can’t wait to get that out of my basement! LOL So, I switched out Harmony BOM for Madelyn’s quilt that I promised her in 2019 when the boys got their Christmas quilts for their beds.
Since our biennial quilt show is next year and I want to have Sunshine Cove completed for it, I will be focusing on it and a few other things for my September To-Do List!
- Block 8 and possibly 9 of Sunshine Cove
- Finish quilting and binding the Calendar Quilts
- Our guild will have it’s first in-person meeting in September, so I will make a comfort quilt
- Blog about Fat Quarter Shop secret sewing I’ve been working on
- September Color Challenge Block
- Crafter’s Edge project
As noted above, I’m going to take a break from the RSC and Table Scraps Challenges until I get some other things caught up, unless I have a bit of extra time. Unfortunately, I’ll need to take a break from blog hops as well, but hopefully can get back to those before too long. I really enjoy them. I will link up with Chris for my monthly To-Do List and with Gail for my PHD when their links are open!
I have my work cut out for me in September! Wow, it’s less than four months until Christmas. Have you started your stitching your Christmas projects yet?